You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password from this site is not recognized with Safari on Mac Mini

Password from this site is not recognized with Safari on Mac. While it is accepted with Chrome on Android tablet?!! This problem has been around for years!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Mac mini, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 11:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 7:04 AM

Thanks, I understand you are unable to iCloud.com using any device whatsoever, which will certainly hinder your ability to do just about everything.

I won't ask you the reason iCloud.com is objecting to your inability to log in, because not supposed to be this difficult. I recommend that you contact Apple starting with the link at the top of this page (Get Support), and click through the options that initiate the ability to contact Apple Support by phone. The first thing they will ask for is your Apple ID, after which they are almost certain to determine what's wrong with it. They will not ask for its password.

14 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 28, 2022 7:04 AM in response to Ferdy Bossy

Thanks, I understand you are unable to iCloud.com using any device whatsoever, which will certainly hinder your ability to do just about everything.

I won't ask you the reason iCloud.com is objecting to your inability to log in, because not supposed to be this difficult. I recommend that you contact Apple starting with the link at the top of this page (Get Support), and click through the options that initiate the ability to contact Apple Support by phone. The first thing they will ask for is your Apple ID, after which they are almost certain to determine what's wrong with it. They will not ask for its password.

Feb 27, 2022 10:44 AM in response to Ferdy Bossy

You Apple ID and password is not recognized on your iPad or you Mac in App Store or iCloud? Right? When you change your password ,do you also change your Apple ID? I do know that if you use the same Apple ID with a different password, it will give you the already being used. I asked you to go to iCloud by way of your browser and sign in. Then go to settings, devices to see what devises show. Could be only your android device. Go to Apple ID and sign in. look under devices to see if your Mac and iPad or in the list and trusted.https://appleid.apple.com/ look thru this.https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204915 Check and see if you have two factor identification on.https://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/10/23/add-remove-trusted-devices-apple-id-two-factor-authentication/

Feb 25, 2022 4:16 AM in response to Ferdy Bossy

As I understand it, you can sign in to this site using an Android device, but attempting to do the same on a Mac won't work because Apple Support Communities is saying your password is not correct. Is that right?

I'm still not sure I completely understand though. Can you sign in to iCloud.com on your Mac?

Is this what happens when you attempt to do that?

And you're certain that password is correct? If so, describe what you do next.

Feb 25, 2022 2:29 AM in response to John Galt

Dear John, I cannot understand why I am unable to answer your question with the Mac. Must login to this site with an Android to reply.

Because I saw that several Apple owners have problems with this password which is also used for the App Store.

When I came up with a new password, I wanted to check if the password is recognized by Apple, which is what used before.

A pop-up appeared that this is not allowed. Because it has already been used. Really it's not normal that I can apply the password with an Android but not with a Mac.

Feb 25, 2022 5:45 AM in response to John Galt

'As I understand it, you can sign in to this site using an Android device, but attempting to do the same on a Mac won't work because Apple Support Communities is saying your password is not correct. Is that right?

Yeah that's what I mean, yes I'm using the correct password.

This reply is written on a Android tablet.

Otherwise I where unable to singing in with Android.

I know it sounds ridiculous but signing in with Android works but with the Mac it's the wrong password.

Feb 25, 2022 9:28 AM in response to John Galt

John Galt has an interesting question. The sign in with Apple ID and password. Does it affect sign in , in the App Store, iCloud, iTunes Store as well? When using you Mac mini to sign in. Or only to Apple community?Does anyone else use your computer and have administrative privileges? Using this link. Sign in to your account and check under devises. to see if your computer is on the list as a trusted devise. You can check other settings while in there. https://appleid.apple.com/Here is a lot of info on managing Apple ID and devises.https://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/10/23/add-remove-trusted-devices-apple-id-two-factor-authentication/#Requirements-to-set-a-device-as-a-trusted-device

Feb 27, 2022 7:56 AM in response to my ginger

Unfortunately, I can log in on the Mac and iPhone. But all the things you mention, for which, as you know, a different password is required, will not be recognized. On the Mac and iPhone.

But it does with my Android tablet, again not with the Mac or iPhone.

When I create a new password and use the previous password, I get the message, not allowed has already been used. So password is not recognized by the Apple server, but is it?! has remembered.

Password from this site is not recognized with Safari on Mac Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.