You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage Activation Error PLEASE HELP

Hello, this will be a bit of a long post but I have nowhere else to turn.

I purchased an iPhone 13 Pro Max from Verizon 3 days ago, I ported my number over from T-Mobile. Immediately after activating my new device, I was not able to use iMessage with my phone number, only my Apple ID email address can send iMessages. I waited some time to see if it would work itself out, it didn’t. I changed my number to one from Verizon hoping that would fix it, it didn’t. I reached out to both Apple and Verizon support, who both walked me through troubleshooting steps. I have done the following:

1) reset network settings

2) turned iMessage on and off

3) ensured the correct phone number was attached to my Apple ID

4) completed a complete factory reset 3 separate times

Apple and Verizon both basically said they have no idea how to fix it. I took it to a Genius Bar at an Apple store, and they couldn’t fix it either. I’m basically SOL. Does ANYONE know how to ACTUALLY fix this. Thank you in advance.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 2:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 2:39 PM

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities.

See: If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support.

If you need more help, you'll need to contact Apple Support again.

Jack

6 replies

Mar 8, 2022 1:59 PM in response to salihcan161

Yeah it ended up resolving itself after about 3 days, i just woke up and it was fixed. I hope it works out for you, because I took it to an Apple store, a Verizon store, and was on the phone with both of them for hours and they are absolutely clueless and will not help you. No matter what they say, they don’t know the actual cause and they don’t care. They told me they would escalate it to the engineering team, and nobody ever got back to me. Thankfully it fixed itself or I’d still be screwed. Good luck man.

iMessage Activation Error PLEASE HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.