You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari keeps reloading previous page

When I click on a link Safari starts loading it or fully loads it then jumps back to the previous page.

It also sometimes jumps to another tab. I am not using a track pad and I don't get this issue in other browsers.

Also when I am in the middle of editing a page in a content management system, when I look at another page and go back to the one I'm editing it reloads and I lose the changes.

Appreciate any suggestions.

I use grouped tabs.

OS Catalina 10.15.7

Safari 15.2

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 7:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 3:17 AM

Please try this.

Force Quit Safari, launch Safari holding the Shift key down.

About pop-up ads and windows in Safari - Apple Support

4 replies

Mar 17, 2022 9:05 AM in response to dominic23

WARNING.

Not sure what this is supposed to accomplish, I've been having trouble for the last few days with several webpages loading half way, then stopping and restarting, with Safari freezing. A restart and zap PRAM cleans it up for a few minutes, but an OS reinstall did nothing, Disk repair did nothing. So, I tried this piece of advice and lost ALL of my previously opened windows, with no effect on the problem. Just spent a half hour trying to find and recreate all of those previous pages, some available through my history, but not all.

Safari keeps reloading previous page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.