You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gaining points in Apple discussions

When I reply to someone’s comment I do not get any points for doing so, how do I receive points toward my level?

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 11:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 11:19 AM

Welcome!

In general, points for responses must be given to you by the person who originated the question. They have the options of marking a response Helpful or Solved.

The exception to the above is that our Hosts (moderators) can recognize an answer as very good and award it an "Apple Recommended" status that gives you 7 points.

You cannot force the issue or solicit points. Example: you cannot say, "If you found my answer useful, please mark it Helpful or Solved." That is a no-no and will get your answer edited or zapped.

The point system is laid out in this forum help document: Share what you know and get recognized - Apple Support

If you are here for the points, then you are going to be disappointed. If you enjoy helpings others, then you will be quite happy here. This is about community, not accumulation.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 13, 2022 11:19 AM in response to The_Behemoth

Welcome!

In general, points for responses must be given to you by the person who originated the question. They have the options of marking a response Helpful or Solved.

The exception to the above is that our Hosts (moderators) can recognize an answer as very good and award it an "Apple Recommended" status that gives you 7 points.

You cannot force the issue or solicit points. Example: you cannot say, "If you found my answer useful, please mark it Helpful or Solved." That is a no-no and will get your answer edited or zapped.

The point system is laid out in this forum help document: Share what you know and get recognized - Apple Support

If you are here for the points, then you are going to be disappointed. If you enjoy helpings others, then you will be quite happy here. This is about community, not accumulation.

Gaining points in Apple discussions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.