You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail can't import mbox files from a Mojave disc into a Monterey disc.

I'm not sure that the incompatible systems are the problem, but: I'm trying to retrieve the mailboxes in Mail on my Mojave-run Mac into the Apple Mail app on my newer, Monterey-run Mac. So far, nothing has worked. The official Apple How-To procedure goes into some detail, but none of it works for me. What I'm working with are a Mac M1 Mini, which now has the 1TBssd boot drive from the Mojave-run Mac plugged into it as an external drive. The drive has my User files, applications, and system files, and it was the boot drive for the previous computer, so I was hoping that, as a last resort, I could restart from the Mojave drive and export the mail files to the newer disc. Nope. No can do. So is there a way to place a Monterey OS on a formerly Mojave drive without wiping out everything? or is there a better way to get the job done?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 3:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 4:26 PM

You cannot boot an older OS with the M1 Mac. Do you have a TM backup of the Mojave Mac? You could try to use Migation assistant to recover your mail and /or files from the Mojave disc.

Similar questions

1 reply

Mail can't import mbox files from a Mojave disc into a Monterey disc.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.