You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I disable iPhone’s audio ducking (temporary volume lowering) when I get notifications?

Hi.

I fully understand that my phone is working the way it was designed. When I receive any notification while listening to some media it temporarily lowers the volume (aka audio ducking).

This is extremely annoying for me. I am more than capable of distinguishing between various sounds.

I do not want to turn off the sound. I know silent mode stops the issue but it also prevents me from getting notifications. I will choose muted notifications over the ducking sound lowering (not a typo! …but yes a pun) but I miss so SO many things that way. Silent Mode a lesser-of-two-evils solution. After years of just accepting this I thought to ask here.

Can I turn this “feature” off???

Fingers crossed there is a way. It causes me much discomfort.

Thanks, I appreciate your time!

iPhone 8

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 9:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 11:52 AM

No, there is no option that I know of.

2 replies

Can I disable iPhone’s audio ducking (temporary volume lowering) when I get notifications?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.