You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Focus or Do Not Disturb Turns On By Itself

As far as I can tell, I do not have Focus activated and I only have Do Not Disturb scheduled for 9PM to 7AM. But, the past 2 days, I've noticed calls that I missed mid-morning because Focus or Do Not Disturb was on. What setting am I missing? I have an iPhone 12. I thought maybe there was a setting on my MacBook Pro (OS 10.14.6) that was affecting my phone, but I don't think Monterey has that capability.

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 1:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 1:42 PM

Probably you may have scheduled a Focus to turn on at certain times, when you're at a particular location, or when you open a specific app. Go to Settings > Focus, then tap the Focus you want to schedule. Tap Add Schedule or Automation, then set the times, a location, or an app you want to activate this Focus.

Turn a Focus on or off on iPhone - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 1, 2022 1:42 PM in response to ArrowsAndSpurs

Probably you may have scheduled a Focus to turn on at certain times, when you're at a particular location, or when you open a specific app. Go to Settings > Focus, then tap the Focus you want to schedule. Tap Add Schedule or Automation, then set the times, a location, or an app you want to activate this Focus.

Turn a Focus on or off on iPhone - Apple Support

Apr 1, 2022 1:42 PM in response to ArrowsAndSpurs

Open Focus and look at all of the options. In addition to the “traditional” Do Not Disturb there are others for home, work, personal time, driving, etc. Tap on each one and note whether it is on or off. If there are any that you will never use, delete them (you can add them back). When any are active there will be a status bar icon; crescent moon for the basic DND, a head shot icon for Personal, etc.

Focus or Do Not Disturb Turns On By Itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.