You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how much does a cracked screen replacement cost for a Mac book pro 16"

Was on vacation and came back to my room to find my LCD/display cracked on my MacBook Pro 16". I cannot see anything on the screen. The crack is straight (thin line) down the middle on the LCD/display (not the outside screen actually).

I was wondering if anyone has had this happen and had it repair/fixed if they know the approx. cost.... TIA for any assistance.

PS. first time owning a Mac, thought I had apple care but it shows expired (bought late 2019)

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 3:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 3:12 PM

Apple will determine the price after they review the unit for possible further internal damage.

Get expert service and support at the Genius Bar.

▷ Call 1-800-MY-APPLE or get help here. 

5 replies

Apr 7, 2022 5:48 PM in response to mac_bookpro_16

When the cost is that high, it's hard not to be stung by it.

Apple has been revising their AppleCare programs for the Mac, and if you were to buy AppleCare PLUS today, it would include up to two screen replacement 'incidents' where you would need to pay only about US$100 deductible -- essentially the cost of the labor. And it appears they are now renewable (at least until the product goes obsolete).

how much does a cracked screen replacement cost for a Mac book pro 16"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.