You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my Apple TV streaming stutter when all my other services do not?

Hello,

I am running a Roku stick on 2 separate televisions. I have Frontier as my internet connection. My download and upload speeds are always around 500 Mbps. Last check was 502.7 down and 510.9 up. I run SlingTV, Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO, and Tablo (for over-the-air). I have also had Hulu at times. None of the other services stutters like Apple TV+ does. It is crazy-making. They are not huge stops but enough to ruin my viewing experience. This has been happening since I got the service, about 18 months. Is there anything that can be recommended to try to sort this out? Or is Apple's streaming platform just not that good ... Thanks.

Posted on Apr 9, 2022 5:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 11:46 AM

Hello rosindabow,

If you're experiencing an issue when watching content in the Apple TV app, please check out the information from the "If the video quality is bad or it stops playing" part of this link for some steps that may help: If you can't watch or stream movies and TV shows in the Apple TV app

If the video quality is bad or it stops playing

1. If multiple people on your network are using the internet, your connection speed might slow down. Ask them to temporarily pause their internet activities.
2. If you're using a smart TV or streaming device, turn it off and back on again. If you're using an Apple device, restart it.
3. Tap or click the download button to try downloading the movie or TV show instead.*

* You can't download movies or TV shows to Apple TV, smart TVs, or streaming devices. You can download HDR content only to certain iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch models. You can't download 4K video content to any device.

For more information about watching Apple TV+ with Roku, please check out the "Roku" part of this link: Watch on Smart TVs and streaming devices

Thanks!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 10, 2022 11:46 AM in response to rosindabow

Hello rosindabow,

If you're experiencing an issue when watching content in the Apple TV app, please check out the information from the "If the video quality is bad or it stops playing" part of this link for some steps that may help: If you can't watch or stream movies and TV shows in the Apple TV app

If the video quality is bad or it stops playing

1. If multiple people on your network are using the internet, your connection speed might slow down. Ask them to temporarily pause their internet activities.
2. If you're using a smart TV or streaming device, turn it off and back on again. If you're using an Apple device, restart it.
3. Tap or click the download button to try downloading the movie or TV show instead.*

* You can't download movies or TV shows to Apple TV, smart TVs, or streaming devices. You can download HDR content only to certain iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch models. You can't download 4K video content to any device.

For more information about watching Apple TV+ with Roku, please check out the "Roku" part of this link: Watch on Smart TVs and streaming devices

Thanks!

Why does my Apple TV streaming stutter when all my other services do not?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.