You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs ON iPhone but won’t show in playlist

Read this before replying. I don’t and won’t subscribe to Apple Music. All my songs are purchased. When I sync playlists from my PC to my iPhone, ALL the songs show up on my iPhone library if I look by song or artist. But all songs purchased in the last few months do not show up in my iPhone playlists, or are greyed out in those playlists when I look at the phone versions of the playlist when viewed on my PC. They show up fine on the PC versions of the playlist.

I have the absolute latest version of OS on my iPhone. NONE of the articles cover this topic.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 9:16 PM

6 replies

Apr 15, 2022 6:16 AM in response to jasonberkeley

jasonberkeley,

Since your iPhone is all up to date, let's also make sure iTunes is up to date using the steps below:

If you downloaded iTunes from the Microsoft Store

Versions of iTunes from the Microsoft Store update automatically when new versions are released.

You can also check for updates through the Microsoft Store.

If you downloaded iTunes from Apple's website

1. Open iTunes.

2. From the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window, choose Help > Check for Updates.

3. Follow the prompts to install the latest version.

If Check for Updates isn't an option in the Help menu, then you downloaded iTunes from the Microsoft Store.

You can also find those steps in this resource: Update to the latest version of iTunes

Should that still persist, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support: Contact Apple Support They'd be in the best position to look into this behavior further.

Take care.

Apr 12, 2022 3:37 PM in response to jasonberkeley

Hello jasonberkeley,

Let's try some steps to help get all your music synced to your iPhone from your PC. You mentioned these are purchased songs. Were they purchased from the iTunes Store? If so, sign in to your Apple ID under Settings > [your name] > Media & Purchases. This should help with the songs being greyed out in the playlists.

If those steps don’t help, we’ll need some additional information to provide more specific support.

Do you have iTunes Match?

Do you recall any changes that occurred with your account, PC, or iPhone before the music was grayed out?

Have a nice day.

Apr 14, 2022 10:15 PM in response to 1ssmith

I don’t even understand this reply! The songs play perfectly fine on my desktop. literally hundreds of songs I’ve purchased on ITunes play on my PC and on my iPhone. It’s just SOME recent purchase that appear on my iPhone playlist but won’t actually play. IN THE PLAYLIST. Like I already said, they are on my phone, and in fact play on my phone if I simply go to the artist and or song directly, or even to purchased music. They ONLY don’t play in my playlist! And ONLY the iPhone version of the playlist. Other songs I purchased both before and after play everywhere all the time. And these songs played on my iPhone playlist as recently as a week ago.

Songs ON iPhone but won’t show in playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.