You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Super Drive connection to iMac

Can someone PLEASE help me with a connection that will power the super drive. I am trying to get pics from family members off DVDs for my father's memorial next week. I'm rather desperate at this point.

Through research, I now know my super drive isn't working because it needs more power than the hub I am using to connect the USB-A superdrive to my new iMac has. In researching this, Apple recommends a Belkin four-port hub that is no longer in existence. The one on Amazon that is 'like' it is NOT IT and a comment specifically says it does not work with a super drive.

iMac 24″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 9:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 9:59 AM

Thanks. I did just order a passthrough adapter but was really hoping for something with more ports. We are a long ways from using all USB-C connections. I swear. :)

2 replies

Super Drive connection to iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.