You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari in 2022 cant autotranslate Dutch to English?

Possibilities are there but this is a point towards Chrome... what do you think is time to add more languages ?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 16, 2022 12:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2022 7:38 AM

David McKinlay wrote: This may be different in different regions.

It should be the same everywhere. Apple publishes the current list at

macOS - Feature Availability - Apple

3 replies

Apr 16, 2022 6:46 AM in response to Kubo381

The languages a browser can translate depends on the selection of translation languages available in a system. This may be different in different regions. The languages for which I get options are several, but the list does not include Dutch. You can see the list in System Preferences > Language and Region > Translation Languages (at the foot of the panel).

I tested some Dutch language text in Safari, and it could not translate to English. I tested the same text in Chrome, with the same result - the browser could not translate to English.

I'd conclude that swapping browsers would not assist you in that task.

I'd also suggest that you take up the suggestion by Tom Gewecke to send some feedback to Apple.

Safari in 2022 cant autotranslate Dutch to English?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.