You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro lagging while using with Numbers App

Hello,

I’m having issues with the Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro while using with the Numbers application.

The keystrokes lags behind significantly while I’m using it under Numbers. It’s significant enough that I’ve to wait to see the numbers appear on the cells before moving to the next one.

This is happening only while using the keyboard under Numbers. On all the other apps the keyboard is working just fine.

Anyone else having similar issue?

Any suggestion greatly appreciated.

I’m using the latest version of the iPad OS 15.4.1

Cheers!

iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 9:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 10:59 AM

The following worked for me….

Go to Accessibility in Settings. Select Keyboard and then turn off Full Keyboard Access.

It solved the issue for me. Give it a try.

11 replies

Apr 20, 2022 5:15 PM in response to pachh

Hello pachh,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities about keystrokes lagging only in the Numbers app. We're happy to check this out with you.

Is it occurring on all numbers files? If it is a huge file, it's possible there may be some lag. Or, is this an iCloud file? It may be slower as it needs to update and sync with iCloud.

Test with a brand new Numbers file to see if it occurs there too.

Next, check if you notice if it happens without the Magic Keyboard? This will point us to the app as the cause of the issue.

If it is the app, we recommend you make a backup: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Then, check that numbers is available to redownload from your purchase history: Redownload apps and games from Apple - Apple Support

As long as it is available to redownload, you can delete the Numbers app, and restart your device: Restart your iPad - Apple Support

Then, redownload it. This only deletes the app, and your files are still saved on the device, in iCloud, or in the Files app. Thanks.

Apr 21, 2022 5:56 AM in response to Eric--F

Hi Eric

Thank you for the reply and possible solutions.

Yes the numbers file does have lots of sheets and is iCloud synced. However, It’s happening on all number files irrespective of where the file is stored.

Just as you suggested I also tried creating a new file locally on the iPad. The issue is still present.

I also reinstalled the application and restarted the iPad. No luck.

The lagging issue is not present if I use touch only but is present while I’m using the Magic Keyborard Case.

Any other suggestion would be a great help.

Strangely this lagging issue is only under Numbers.

Regards.

Jun 10, 2022 11:29 AM in response to pachh

Hi Pachh,

Thanks for taking the time to update me! I appreciate it. I just tried Vintage Claret’s suggestion below, and it worked! Feeling no frustration now in Numbers! Yay!

From Vintage Claret ( thank you!):

Go to Accessibility in Settings. Select Keyboard and then turn off Full Keyboard Access.

It solved the issue for me. Give it a try.

Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro lagging while using with Numbers App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.