You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All the photos on my phone went to the backup file. I have no photos to share on the cloud. How do I retreave my photos from the backup files.

All the photos on my phone went to the backup file. I have no photos to share on the cloud. How do I retrieve my photos from the backup files.

iPhone 11

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 2:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 2:44 PM

If you backed up your phone, and do not use iCloud photos, your photos should be in your backup. They wouldn't be removed from your device unless you deleted them. You could reset your device and restore using your backup.

If your photos are synced to iCloud, visit iCloud.com/photos to see what photos are synced. Then enable iCloud photos (settings > photos).

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 20, 2022 2:44 PM in response to oldfatpreacherman

If you backed up your phone, and do not use iCloud photos, your photos should be in your backup. They wouldn't be removed from your device unless you deleted them. You could reset your device and restore using your backup.

If your photos are synced to iCloud, visit iCloud.com/photos to see what photos are synced. Then enable iCloud photos (settings > photos).

All the photos on my phone went to the backup file. I have no photos to share on the cloud. How do I retreave my photos from the backup files.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.