You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi. I have an extremely strange issue that just developed after the newest FCP update (10 6 2).

So this problem just began with the latest FCP update (10 6 2). When I try to add transitions to a clip, it says the transition has been applied, yet it is not there. I don't see the usual adjustment box at the end or beginning of the clip like usual. This happens no matter what project I try it on. Brand new or old. The really weird thing is, the transitions that already exist on previous projects on clips can be removed, and repasted. But if I try to add any new transitions, they simply do not appear. This did not happen until the update. It literally started as soon as I updated. I have not changed a single other thing to my Imac in that time. It is absolutely identical. No new peripherals. Nothing hooked up or unhooked. The only thing that literally happened was the update. That is the only difference. My Mac (Late 2014 Intel I7, 32 GB Ram. 3 TB Fusion Hard Drive with at least 160 GB Free. 4 GB Video Card. Everything else on my Mac works just as usual. I have a deadline for a major music video to be finished. And literally am crippled right now. I thought maybe there was new settings I wasn't aware of or something. But why would it only affect things created or added going forward? And not previous clips with transitions already on them? This has to be a program bug from Final Cut Pro updating. I need some help!!!!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 7:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 8:21 PM

There are a couple similar questions already asked below. The old drag-and-drop doesn't work in every situation currently. There seem to be a couple of ways to add transitions now:

-Drag-and-drop works if the clips are in the magnetic timeline (primary storyline) or contained within a secondary storyline

-If the clips are not in a storyline, select the clips you want to add a transition to and then double click the transition you wish to add

Hope this works for you

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 20, 2022 8:21 PM in response to DangerousDevil

There are a couple similar questions already asked below. The old drag-and-drop doesn't work in every situation currently. There seem to be a couple of ways to add transitions now:

-Drag-and-drop works if the clips are in the magnetic timeline (primary storyline) or contained within a secondary storyline

-If the clips are not in a storyline, select the clips you want to add a transition to and then double click the transition you wish to add

Hope this works for you

Hi. I have an extremely strange issue that just developed after the newest FCP update (10 6 2).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.