You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just had a pop up on my screen that said my phone was infected with 21 viruses from an adult site. I don’t visit adult sites. It said I had to click on the link to protect my phone. Sounds like a fake msg. Any suggestions

I just had a pop up on my phone stating it was infected with 21 viruses from visiting adult websites and I needed to click on the link to correct it. I don’t visit adult sites and think this is a scam. It looked like it came from apple but not sure. Any suggestions

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 23, 2022 10:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2022 10:38 AM

It's a scam. Nothing more. Delete and ignore.

3 replies

Apr 23, 2022 11:14 AM in response to Cs3210

You're welcome. 🙂

Essentially, any message, text or email you get making such a claim is a lie. Period. There's no method that allows someone to access your computer that easily from the outside. In other words, they cannot see what's on your drive, so how can they make such a claim?

Another that's going around (and has for a few years) is a message/email saying they have video of you doing or watching naughty things. But, oh! Send them xxxx amount of money to a Bitcoin account they give you and they'll make sure no one ever sees the video.

Also delete and ignore.

I just had a pop up on my screen that said my phone was infected with 21 viruses from an adult site. I don’t visit adult sites. It said I had to click on the link to protect my phone. Sounds like a fake msg. Any suggestions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.