You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail in Monterey changes the Mode with a blue box outline -- why?

In mac OS Monterey, when I tab through messages in Mail, a blue box now appears that encloses the entire inbox. It allows me to tab, but I can't delete a message unless I select each message with the mouse. This is a huge time waste as I receive and skim hundreds of messages several times a day as I review mailing lists.

What is the purpose of the "blue box?" Why does it change the mode of the Inbox? Does it add any value? If not, can I turn it off?

Thanks!

Mac mini, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 23, 2022 4:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2022 4:34 PM

davidfromsan carlos wrote:

In mac OS Monterey, when I tab through messages in Mail, a blue box now appears that encloses the entire inbox. It allows me to tab, but I can't delete a message unless I select each message with the mouse. This is a huge time waste as I receive and skim hundreds of messages several times a day as I review mailing lists.

What is the purpose of the "blue box?" Why does it change the mode of the Inbox? Does it add any value? If not, can I turn it off?

Thanks!

How about a screen shot of your Bluebox dilemma in context...

Is it an Accessibility feature that got turned on(?)

>System Preferences>Accessibility

Did Full Keyboard Access access get turned on(?)

>System Preferences>Accessibility>Navigation

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 23, 2022 4:34 PM in response to davidfromsan carlos

davidfromsan carlos wrote:

Thanks!

How about a screen shot of your Bluebox dilemma in context...

Is it an Accessibility feature that got turned on(?)

>System Preferences>Accessibility

Did Full Keyboard Access access get turned on(?)

>System Preferences>Accessibility>Navigation

Mail in Monterey changes the Mode with a blue box outline -- why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.