You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

One concern that I have with two factor authentication is if I lose my iPhone when away from home and want to access my account via another device or platform to wipe the phone, the authentication code would be sent to that missing phone.

One concern that I have with two factor authentication is if I lose my iPhone when away from home and want to access my account via another device or platform to wipe the phone, the authentication code would be sent to that missing phone.

I could add my home number as an alternate contact number, but when away from home that would be useless. I could also add my wife's phone number, but, for any number of reasons, she might not be reachable (for example her battery is dead - happens frequently).

This concerns me because for example the current trend in airport security screening results in personal property (including iPhone and wallet) being separated from the individual and out-of-sight for far too long, providing an opportunity for someone else to steal said phone/id.

I use 2FA for most of my accounts, but hesitate for iCloud simply for the reason above.

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 9:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 10:06 AM

If you lose your phone you simply log into iCloud.com/find, you will not need 2FA there. Or, get a replacement device and SIM to transfer your number.

1 reply

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.