You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

white grid issue :(

i have an issue with a white grid icon on an app. i cannot access the app and if i delete it and force restart the phone, the app with the white grid automatically comes back. can someone explain what this white grid is (as in what it means) and what to do to fix this asap. i have asked on apple support (on imessage) and nothing had worked. my automatic downloads are on and i’ve reset all my settings aswell. nothing has worked so far so please help !!

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 10:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 11:07 PM

also when searching for it in ‘iPhone storage’ it doesn’t appear as an app - i tried searching for it multiple times. when going to the App Store, the app with the white grid shows as “open” even when it had been deleted. i just need to permanently delete this app it atleast get it working again. is this a problem with the iPhone or the app, if it’s a problem with the app, what should i do?

12 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 27, 2022 11:07 PM in response to jsuhenrdh

also when searching for it in ‘iPhone storage’ it doesn’t appear as an app - i tried searching for it multiple times. when going to the App Store, the app with the white grid shows as “open” even when it had been deleted. i just need to permanently delete this app it atleast get it working again. is this a problem with the iPhone or the app, if it’s a problem with the app, what should i do?

white grid issue :(

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.