You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keyboard backlight not working even after SMC resets

my macbook air keyboard backlights won’t turn on at all even after several attempts at SMC resets. I’ve tried everything I could find but nothing works, when I did the SMC resets the lights would turn on and then turn off again straight away. I also have no options to turn on or off the keyboard backlight in settings. When I open up settings, they pop up and disappear again. As someone who does a lot of late night school work, this is pretty annoying. 🥲 Perhaps this is something I’ll have to bring up to a professional but if anyone has any further input, I’d greatly appreciate it :)

Posted on Apr 28, 2022 7:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2022 10:06 AM

Have you tried all of these: Turn your Mac keyboard’s backlighting on or off - Apple Support

1 reply

keyboard backlight not working even after SMC resets

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.