You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't open webpages when connected to cell and wifi

My iPhone is showing a good cellular signal and a good Wi-Fi connection but when I try to open a webpage I get an error message. Safari says it can't establish a connection to the server. Chrome tells me the webpage is not available. If I turn off the Wi-Fi everything works fine. It seems the browsers are conflicted between using cell data or Wi-Fi. Are there any solutions for this?

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on May 6, 2022 6:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 6, 2022 7:40 AM

Connecting to wi-fi will disable cellular.

You seem to have a general problem with wifi Data Traffic.

Reset network settings in Settings, General, Transfer or reset, Reset

Reset the router to factory settings, usually a pinhole in the router case.

Here's some more steps you can try for Wi-Fi connection issues that may be helpful if your phone will not connect to WiFi otself

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won't connect to a Wi-Fi network – Apple Support (UK)

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 6, 2022 7:40 AM in response to penst8

Connecting to wi-fi will disable cellular.

You seem to have a general problem with wifi Data Traffic.

Reset network settings in Settings, General, Transfer or reset, Reset

Reset the router to factory settings, usually a pinhole in the router case.

Here's some more steps you can try for Wi-Fi connection issues that may be helpful if your phone will not connect to WiFi otself

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won't connect to a Wi-Fi network – Apple Support (UK)

Can't open webpages when connected to cell and wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.