You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad onscreen keyboard fails to pop up when login window is small(login with google account etc.)

This has been going on for months. Every time a website or app lets you login with your google or apple account the login window is very small and the keyboard won’t pop up.

So I flick up from the quick notes from bottom right corner and even though that is a small square the keyboard pops up I type my username and password then copy and paste it into the google/apple login in box.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on May 10, 2022 5:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 11, 2022 7:41 AM

Hello DeathSpiral,

We see no one has responded to your post yet. Here are a couple of things that might help others answer your question:

• Does this problem happen on a specific website? If so, which website(s)?
  • Is your iPadOS software up-to-date? You can check under Settings > General > About. If you do not see that the iPadOS is 15.4.1, you'll want to make a backup of your device and update the software. Here's a guide to help: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.
  • If you have not tried already, please restart the iPad. Often this simple step will refresh the apps and software on the device to solve numerous problems you may encounter.

We hope this information helps you out.

Kind regards!

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 11, 2022 7:41 AM in response to DeathSpiral

Hello DeathSpiral,

We see no one has responded to your post yet. Here are a couple of things that might help others answer your question:

• Does this problem happen on a specific website? If so, which website(s)?
  • Is your iPadOS software up-to-date? You can check under Settings > General > About. If you do not see that the iPadOS is 15.4.1, you'll want to make a backup of your device and update the software. Here's a guide to help: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.
  • If you have not tried already, please restart the iPad. Often this simple step will refresh the apps and software on the device to solve numerous problems you may encounter.

We hope this information helps you out.

Kind regards!

May 11, 2022 2:34 PM in response to genieen16

Hi thanks for the reply. My iPad is up to date I'm vigilant with that. I did a reboot as I saw the it had been something like 70 hours since the last one and it's fixed it for, for now anyway.

Is there a guideline on how often you should reboot an iPad Pro? Everyday? Every week? I often forget because it's not like a loud PC with Windows harassing you with updates and 3 back to back reboots.

iPad onscreen keyboard fails to pop up when login window is small(login with google account etc.)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.