You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

disappearing drafts in mail

I keep having a problem with drafts disappearing after I save them, both on my iPhone and my MacBook. I save the draft and then when I go to send it from my computer, I click on it to bring it up to send and it just disappears. I found one in the trash, but when I tried to open it, it disappeared also. It was when I was trying to click on the email to open it that this happened on the computer. But it also happened on the iPhone after I saved it as a draft. It just wasn't there anymore. It's very frustrating as it seems that I have to send a message right away and not save it as a draft to work on later. If I do this and then try to open the draft to continue to work on it, it evaporates. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on May 15, 2022 8:44 AM

1 reply

May 16, 2022 7:56 AM in response to skydeesse

Hi skydeesse,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities! Is this happening with a specific email provider or does it happen with several email providers? If you sign into your webmail using Safari, create a draft and save it, does the same thing occur? If so, you may want to reach out to the email provider for further support.

Is this happening with an iCloud Mail account? If so, do you have enough iCloud storage to save the draft? You can confirm your iCloud storage by going to Settings > Your Name > iCloud > Manage Storage on your iPhone.

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Also on your iPhone, if you go to Settings > Your Name > iCloud > iCloud Mail > Advanced > Draft Mailbox, be sure that is set to Drafts.

Hope that helps!

disappearing drafts in mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.