You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading and storing photos on iPad

Hello I would like to save all my photos in my iPad and use the iPod as a storage for all the photo in order to empty the iCloud storage how to do that

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on May 16, 2022 1:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 16, 2022 1:58 PM

If using iCloud Photos, go to Settings->Photos->Download and Keep Originals.

If the option is not visible there, then you are either not not using iCloud Photos, and as such all your Photos are already on your iPad or are not Optimizing the photos on iCloud and as such the originals are also already on your iPad.

Once they have been downloaded, or if no "Download and keep originals" option appears, turn off the iCloud Photo Library switch there. Then open a Web Browser, and go to https://icloud.com. Open the Photos App on the website and delete all the photos from there. Make sure iCloud Photos is turned off on the iPad and any other device you wish to continue having your photos.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 16, 2022 1:58 PM in response to Pakiko28

If using iCloud Photos, go to Settings->Photos->Download and Keep Originals.

If the option is not visible there, then you are either not not using iCloud Photos, and as such all your Photos are already on your iPad or are not Optimizing the photos on iCloud and as such the originals are also already on your iPad.

Once they have been downloaded, or if no "Download and keep originals" option appears, turn off the iCloud Photo Library switch there. Then open a Web Browser, and go to https://icloud.com. Open the Photos App on the website and delete all the photos from there. Make sure iCloud Photos is turned off on the iPad and any other device you wish to continue having your photos.

Downloading and storing photos on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.