You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is the keyboard on my iPad mini 5 (A2126) blocking items as I type? Software 15.4.1

Since a recent upgrade or since I did something stupid, my keyboard is raised up from it’s usual position at the bottom of the screen. It blocks most things I am trying to type. I usually work in the landscape position. How do I fix it? I’ve attached a screenshot - hope that might help. Thanks!

iPad mini 5, iPadOS 15

Posted on May 16, 2022 7:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 16, 2022 8:08 PM

Kvillebob Said:

"Why is the keyboard on my iPad mini 5 (A2126) blocking items as I type? Software 15.4.1: Since a recent upgrade or since I did something stupid, my keyboard is raised up from it’s usual position at the bottom of the screen. It blocks most things I am trying to type. I usually work in the landscape position. How do I fix it?[...]"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Change the Keyboard Layout:

1. Go Here: Add or Change Keyboards - iPad User Guide - Apple Support
  2. As it Reads: "Change the keyboard layout. Go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards, select a keyboard, then choose a layout."
3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 16, 2022 8:08 PM in response to Kvillebob

Kvillebob Said:

"Why is the keyboard on my iPad mini 5 (A2126) blocking items as I type? Software 15.4.1: Since a recent upgrade or since I did something stupid, my keyboard is raised up from it’s usual position at the bottom of the screen. It blocks most things I am trying to type. I usually work in the landscape position. How do I fix it?[...]"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Change the Keyboard Layout:

1. Go Here: Add or Change Keyboards - iPad User Guide - Apple Support
  2. As it Reads: "Change the keyboard layout. Go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards, select a keyboard, then choose a layout."

Why is the keyboard on my iPad mini 5 (A2126) blocking items as I type? Software 15.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.