You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos file is greyed out. Can't upload photos from "Choose files to upload".

From a website, I tried to upload a photo from my Photos app to it.. The Photos file in my Pictures folder is the only one greyed out. Checked to see what name of photo library was listed in my Mac as the system photo library: The one listed is named Photos Library (System Photo Library). I also tried to access my photos from Media Photos. Did not work. I have Catalina OS.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 19, 2022 5:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 20, 2022 12:01 AM

Hi

You need to be clicking the photos item in the media section of the left hand side bar. It should look like this.

If you want to make it easy to find particular pictures, you can put them in an album first. I have an album called "easy find" 🙃

3 replies

May 20, 2022 2:05 PM in response to hummingbird-43

TonyCollinet,

In desperation I dragged & dropped the photo onto my desktop. (I'm posting to sell something.) Then went to the website & d&d the photo into the little white square where the photo would be if I had uploaded it by the method you showed. It worked! I still don't know why the photo didn't upload by the "correct method." But thank you for your help because it got me to try different & creative (?) approaches.

Photos file is greyed out. Can't upload photos from "Choose files to upload".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.