You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Goofed up; need to change storage locations

When editing out in the field on a new external SSD, when I went to create my libraries, I forgot to set the storage location(s) to "In Library." So, FCP defaulted to storing the media in separate folders on the SSD, "outside" of the Library. (See: screen shots--media were put in separate folders on drive named "Extreme SSD.")

I know how to remedy this going forward, (Set the storage locations to "In Library" in the first place,) but...

Q: How do I roll the existing files into my projects? (I've already tried consolidating, and that didn't seem to do the trick.

Posted on May 20, 2022 9:36 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

May 20, 2022 9:55 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

I just right-clicked the Library and "consolidated." Regardless, I'd like the files wrapped into the Library like I do with all of my projects. I'm wanting to move this library to longterm storage, and I'd like the "original media," et. al. to go along with it.

So... how do I get the original files to live as package contents INSIDE the two libraries?

Thanks for your help, Tom!

Goofed up; need to change storage locations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.