You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

numbers template basic 1

I just downloaded the basic 1 financial template. It looks like it will do what I need as I want to track all income and expenses according to category and also to have totals for all rows. However, I can't figure out how to put the beginning balance in so the balance sheet will match my checkbook balance. Please help, if you can.

Thanks,

Tammy

iMac 27″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 21, 2022 10:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 21, 2022 6:57 PM

tammyfromfarr west wrote:

track expenses and income.

The 'Personal Budget' template included with Numbers only tracks expenses (unless you treat income as a "negative expense" and enter as negative numbers). Also it does not track a checking account balance.

An old version of Numbers (over 10 years old now and incapable of running on modern Macs) had a 'Checking Register' template. Here it is (Dropbox download).

The first sheet (tab) is a modernized version that, like the original, does not include income.

The second sheet includes both income and expenses.

The third sheet is the original template for comparison purposes.

You should be able to adapt one of those sheets to your needs.

SG

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 21, 2022 6:57 PM in response to tammyfromfarr west

tammyfromfarr west wrote:

track expenses and income.

The 'Personal Budget' template included with Numbers only tracks expenses (unless you treat income as a "negative expense" and enter as negative numbers). Also it does not track a checking account balance.

An old version of Numbers (over 10 years old now and incapable of running on modern Macs) had a 'Checking Register' template. Here it is (Dropbox download).

The first sheet (tab) is a modernized version that, like the original, does not include income.

The second sheet includes both income and expenses.

The third sheet is the original template for comparison purposes.

You should be able to adapt one of those sheets to your needs.

SG

numbers template basic 1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.