You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dragging windows jump to full screen

How do I disable windows jumping to full screen when dragged to either side, top or bottom? I am running Macos 12.4

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 12.4

Posted on May 23, 2022 5:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 24, 2022 1:09 PM

You're right Luis, I had no idea this was one of the behaviors of "Rectangle" but now I see it in its Preferences. Thanks for leading me to the right solution.

4 replies

May 24, 2022 11:58 AM in response to Michael Kemper

Hey there Michael Kemper,

Let's see if the info included here helps out: Manage app windows on Mac. We'd suggest going through each section to see if the settings will help you out including the following:

• "Maximize a window: Press and hold the Option key while you click the green button  in the top-left corner of an app window. To return to the previous window size, Option-click the button again.

You can also double-click an app’s title bar to maximize the window (as long as the option to do so is set to “zoom” in Dock & Menu Bar preferences)."

This is found in the guide too. As a suggestion, try this out to see if it will resolve your issue.

Let us know if this helps.

Kind regards.

Dragging windows jump to full screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.