You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my device

I faced for all the 3 days ago messages say that my iPad is no longer detected in find my device

my iPad is iPad pro 11 inch which produced in 2018

I don’t know why I got these messages even though my iPad is still working and wasn’t stolen.

the question is why did I received these messages and is there anyone I don’t know want to hack me?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on May 29, 2022 12:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 29, 2022 5:07 AM

Do not worry. This is completely normal.

This is a newer feature in the Find app that helps you remember your Apple device if you forget it. Ex. you take your iPad to work, later in the day you leave your workplace without your iPad. You will receive a message on your iPhone that you have left your device - now you know that you have forgotten your iPad.

If you do not want to receive these messages then you can disable it. On your iPhone, open the Find app, select Devices from the bottom menu. Find your iPad and tap it. Find the menu item "Notify when it is left" and turn off this function. Then you will not receive messages when you leave your iPad.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 29, 2022 5:07 AM in response to Mohammed0313

Do not worry. This is completely normal.

This is a newer feature in the Find app that helps you remember your Apple device if you forget it. Ex. you take your iPad to work, later in the day you leave your workplace without your iPad. You will receive a message on your iPhone that you have left your device - now you know that you have forgotten your iPad.

If you do not want to receive these messages then you can disable it. On your iPhone, open the Find app, select Devices from the bottom menu. Find your iPad and tap it. Find the menu item "Notify when it is left" and turn off this function. Then you will not receive messages when you leave your iPad.

Find my device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.