You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All postscript fonts have become zero bytes

I've just noticed that all the postscript fonts on my Mac have become zero bytes and unusable. The fonts files are now called Unix Executable File.

What's going on??

I'm running macOS Monterey 12.4

I know that postscript fonts will not be supported in Adobe software in a few months, but this is something different. The fonts in Finder are zero bytes and are not showing up in Font Book or any app.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.4

Posted on May 29, 2022 9:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 30, 2022 5:00 AM

Just copying the unprotected T1 fonts onto iCloud Drive may be all that is needed to ruin them. The external drive approach would be a practical means to avoid font damage and your goal of dynamic project utility.

7 replies

May 30, 2022 4:50 AM in response to VikingOSX

I'm not using iCloud Drive to move the fonts. The fonts are located on my Desktop* and on iCloud Drive.

*I have a lot of postscript fonts and legacy TrueType fonts. I do not want to put all of them into /Users/username/Library/Fonts folder. I only add and remove fonts when I need them / don't need them for a particular project.

It seems that because I have iCloud Drive Desktop and Documents turned on that this corrupts postscript fonts. I suspect the work around is to store the fonts on a removable hard drive and then copy a font over when I need it. This way the font doesn't come into contact with iCloud Drive.

All postscript fonts have become zero bytes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.