You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

24-hour clock is stickier than Gorilla Glue (r)

i have tried everything suggested to get rid of the 24-hour clock on my iMac and nothing works.

iMac 27″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 29, 2022 12:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 8:33 AM

You seem to have already gone to the proper places.

However, just to be thorough... you don't seem to have mentioned that in the main part of

System Preferences->Language & Region

there is this checkbox, which is the one that really counts:

6 replies

May 30, 2022 6:23 AM in response to den.thed

Thanks so much for this but i think i mentioned having tried all the obvious solutions given me when searching in Apple support. I also went the System Preferences > Language & Region > Advanced button > Times button but it really only gives me the same selections as the route you mentioned. I have restarted each time (actually only 2 time - didn't want to fit the classic definition of insanity) i tried this page with no luck. And i agree, this does seem bizarre but it is frustrating the hello out of me. Thanks.

24-hour clock is stickier than Gorilla Glue (r)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.