You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

People can't open my attachments

Hi, I use a MacBook Air M1 macOS Monterey and Gmail. Recently people tell me that they can't open my attachments.

Is this because I'm trying to attach a file from Cloud or from the Photos app?

This happens with .jpg .pdf and Word files.

Any suggestions?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 1:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 7:40 AM

Hey Tattyjacket,

It appears that you're having a problem with attachments you're adding to an email. The receivers can't open them, and we're glad to provide assistance.

Add attachments to emails in Mail on Mac - Apple Support -- If you're using the Mail app on your Mac, review the steps in this article to be sure you're attaching them correctly.

If either file is being stored in iCloud previous to sending, they would need to be physically located on your Mac first. This would also apply to any photos you may be syncing with iCloud. If "Optimize Mac Storage" is turned on in Photos > Preferences > iCloud, you'll need to tap the photo you'd like to send first to have it physically downloaded to your Mac.

Please let us know the results when you're able.

All the best.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 8, 2022 7:40 AM in response to Tattyjacket

Hey Tattyjacket,

It appears that you're having a problem with attachments you're adding to an email. The receivers can't open them, and we're glad to provide assistance.

Add attachments to emails in Mail on Mac - Apple Support -- If you're using the Mail app on your Mac, review the steps in this article to be sure you're attaching them correctly.

If either file is being stored in iCloud previous to sending, they would need to be physically located on your Mac first. This would also apply to any photos you may be syncing with iCloud. If "Optimize Mac Storage" is turned on in Photos > Preferences > iCloud, you'll need to tap the photo you'd like to send first to have it physically downloaded to your Mac.

Please let us know the results when you're able.

All the best.

People can't open my attachments

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.