You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I upload an audiobook to my iPod?

Apple’s “book” app does not connect to the iPod. How do you upload an audible audiobook to an iPod shuffle now?

iPod Shuffle (2nd Gen)

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 2:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2022 9:03 AM

This is not helpful because the new Apple iOS software does not have iTunes any longer. It is now “music” and “books”.

I can see my audiobook in “books” but there is no way to transfer it to my iPod.

Audiobooks are no longer visible in “music”

3 replies

Jun 19, 2022 9:27 AM in response to Janet337

Janet337,

When you plug in your iPod shuffle to your Mac, you'll see it located in the Music app. Select it on the left side under Devices.

You should see an option for "Sync Settings" once you've clicked on your iPod. When you click Sync Settings, you'll see the option to sync Audiobooks to your iPod.

This article has guidance as well: Sync audiobooks between your Mac and iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you're not seeing the option to sync your audiobooks to your iPod shuffle, or you're not seeing your iPod listed in Finder, let us know.

Thanks!

How do I upload an audiobook to my iPod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.