You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IMEI2: digital (eSIM) or physical SIM?

I only have one physical SIM and my iPhone is aleady using an eSIM with a physical SIM. Unfortunately, I have no way of knowing which is which when I look at the ABOUT settings.

Does anyone know which is which? I'm thinking IMEI is the physical SIM?

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 12:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 1:26 AM

It's becoming needed info these days because it seems many teleco companies especially oversees companies are starting to get on the eSIM train. Their instructions ask what is your IMEI2 and then they will configure the phone number they provide you with your eSIM. They also want to ensure device is compatible on their network.

I don't want to risk wiping out my current eSIM I have and/or changing my call settings (calls made with which SIM or eSIM).

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 2, 2022 1:26 AM in response to LD150

It's becoming needed info these days because it seems many teleco companies especially oversees companies are starting to get on the eSIM train. Their instructions ask what is your IMEI2 and then they will configure the phone number they provide you with your eSIM. They also want to ensure device is compatible on their network.

I don't want to risk wiping out my current eSIM I have and/or changing my call settings (calls made with which SIM or eSIM).

IMEI2: digital (eSIM) or physical SIM?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.