You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Profile picture greyed out Apple Music

According to this iOS support article (See what your friends are listening to – Apple Support (AU)), to access any profile related features, you go through the profile picture on Listen Now.

However, for whatever reason, my profile picture is greyed out on my iPhone and I cannot tap it. To clarify, the Apple Music profile setting is turned on in Family Sharing.

🏳️‍🌈

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 4:51 PM

4 replies

Jun 15, 2022 11:31 AM in response to jeremyw013

Hello mrnonaustralianguy,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with your profile being grayed out.

Check to see if you have restrictions enabled as described here: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

"Allow changes to other settings and features

You can allow changes to other settings and features, the same way you can allow changes to privacy settings.

1. Go to Settings and tap Screen Time.
  2. Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions. If asked, enter your passcode.
  3. Under Allow Changes, select the features or settings that you want to allow changes to and choose Allow or Don't Allow. 

Here are some features and settings that you can allow changes for:

• Passcode Changes: Prevent changes to your passcode
  • Account Changes: Prevent account changes in Accounts & Passwords
  • Cellular Data Changes: Prevent changes to cellular data settings
  • Reduce Loud Sounds: Prevent changes to volume settings for safe listening 
  • Driving Focus: Prevent changes to the Driving Focus
  • TV Provider: Prevent changes to TV provider settings
  • Background App Activities: Prevent changes to whether or not apps run in the background"

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Profile picture greyed out Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.