You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook just shows a black screen when it turns on but my cursor is still showing

whenever I turn on my macbook it just shows a blueish-black screen with my cursor. I have tried many different things to fix this but nothing works. Whenever I try to power of my MacBook nothing happens, the only way I can turn it off is by closing the laptop. I don’t know what to do

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 8:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 8:40 PM

Keely459 Said:

"My MacBook just shows a black screen when it turns on but my cursor is still showing"

-------

Try Successfully Quitting an App:

You may need for Force Quit an app.

Two steps:

I. Using [command + tab]:

Use [command +tab] to get to Finder (the smileyface). Then, Force Quit the App.

II. Using Force Quit:

See if this applications open. If that is the case, save what need be (if possible), and then Force Quit.

1. Go To: Apple Menu
  2. Select: Force Quit...
  3. Select: An Item Ending in: “Not Responding
  4. Click: Force Quit button

No Success?

Force Shutting Down:

Is there and opened data that you are concerned of losing? If not, then hold down the power button for a few seconds, and then power it back on. Then boot up normally. Is all fixed?

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 16, 2022 8:40 PM in response to Keely459

Keely459 Said:

"My MacBook just shows a black screen when it turns on but my cursor is still showing"

-------

Try Successfully Quitting an App:

You may need for Force Quit an app.

Two steps:

I. Using [command + tab]:

Use [command +tab] to get to Finder (the smileyface). Then, Force Quit the App.

II. Using Force Quit:

See if this applications open. If that is the case, save what need be (if possible), and then Force Quit.

1. Go To: Apple Menu
  2. Select: Force Quit...
  3. Select: An Item Ending in: “Not Responding
  4. Click: Force Quit button

No Success?

Force Shutting Down:

Is there and opened data that you are concerned of losing? If not, then hold down the power button for a few seconds, and then power it back on. Then boot up normally. Is all fixed?

My MacBook just shows a black screen when it turns on but my cursor is still showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.