You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i want to add my second hand device to my apple id

I just purchase my second hand apple device from my brother please help to add this device from

my apple Account.how do i go about doing just that

Posted on Jun 17, 2022 2:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2022 2:35 AM

If your brother erased the iPhone, you should just be able to follow the steps here - Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If his data is still on it or it shows Activation Lock, contact him to follow the instructions in this article - What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 17, 2022 2:35 AM in response to sello177

If your brother erased the iPhone, you should just be able to follow the steps here - Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If his data is still on it or it shows Activation Lock, contact him to follow the instructions in this article - What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

i want to add my second hand device to my apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.