You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterey and Apple Music

I recently purchased a new MacBook Air and with it, the Monterey OS. I am frustrated with the conversion from iTunes to Apple Music. iTunes was easy to use. Now, if I want to burn a cd, I can’t without repurchasing my music since Apple Music considers my song list its property. This is a bug and a ripoff. I have all the right options on, etc. are you going to fix this?

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Jun 18, 2022 1:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2022 2:02 PM

You cannot burn tracks from the Apple Music subscription service, or that are in the cloud. If these are previous iTunes Store purchases that won't burn try deleting the copies you have and redownload. When downloading multiple tracks click the activity widget and turn off the option for simultaneous downloads.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 18, 2022 2:02 PM in response to Hermitage20

You cannot burn tracks from the Apple Music subscription service, or that are in the cloud. If these are previous iTunes Store purchases that won't burn try deleting the copies you have and redownload. When downloading multiple tracks click the activity widget and turn off the option for simultaneous downloads.

tt2

Jun 19, 2022 11:12 AM in response to Hermitage20

Another point of interest... did you use migration assistant to copy the music files (and other data) to the new computer or did you copy manually? Migration Assistant makes these transitions easier, mostly, and helps bring the recognition of the old computer to the new computer. When using the Music program, if the screen gets jumpy, press the up arrow key to return to your work line.

Monterey and Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.