You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music - One CD Associated with 328 Songs

Somehow the data in Apple Music has gotten scrambled to where the Robert Plant / Alison Krause album Raising Sand now is associated with 328 songs. I have more than 3,000 songs and others artists may be incorrectly identified or have other bad info. These songs were all or almost all transferred from CDs I own, originally on a PC, but itunes / apple music worked okay on my ipad and phone until I got the macbook air and possibly until the Big Sur update.

How do I fix? As near as I can tell, the song titles are correct, but I don't know who the artists are in some cases and certainly don't want to fix 328 songs one by one.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 10:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 5:51 PM

I'm assuming you don't have a subscription to either Apple Music or iTunes Match. See Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device - Apple Community for tools that might help you recover the files from your iPad. Might still be some work unraveling the duplicates and removing the corrupted files. You may have to bite the bullet and do it manually. Make a playlist of the affected tracks and sort by date added. This will hopefully group tracks from the same album together. You can then look up these tracks on the iPad to determine the album and artists details, and fix those a whole album at a time.

tt2

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 13, 2022 5:51 PM in response to zpinhead

I'm assuming you don't have a subscription to either Apple Music or iTunes Match. See Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device - Apple Community for tools that might help you recover the files from your iPad. Might still be some work unraveling the duplicates and removing the corrupted files. You may have to bite the bullet and do it manually. Make a playlist of the affected tracks and sort by date added. This will hopefully group tracks from the same album together. You can then look up these tracks on the iPad to determine the album and artists details, and fix those a whole album at a time.

tt2

Feb 13, 2022 2:14 PM in response to turingtest2

I suppose that's possible. The option to keep the media folder is checked. I do have a Time Machine music folder dated last July, but relatively new to Apple and am not familiar with that app. If I restore from Time Machine, can I preserve the music added since last July?

I also have an iPad Pro where the music hasn't been updated if that is of any use.

Apple Music - One CD Associated with 328 Songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.