You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Leave cells blank

Where I have the cells labelled 6,8,10,12 etc under 1,2,3,4....if there is a blank cell I don't want any measurements from A-z. For example the cells 40, 45 50, 55 would be blank. Is there a formula to do this?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 11:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 11:46 PM

I hope I understood you correctly.

For these examples the cells B1 to E1 are formate as numbers!

You can use the IF formula.

Option A:

It will check if cell B$1 contains a value that is >= 1, if yes it will run a calculation, if not it will return an empty text ""

Option B:

It will check if cell B$1 contains any number, if yes it will run a calculation, if not it will return an empty text ""

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 25, 2022 11:46 PM in response to HayleyHatzi

I hope I understood you correctly.

For these examples the cells B1 to E1 are formate as numbers!

You can use the IF formula.

Option A:

It will check if cell B$1 contains a value that is >= 1, if yes it will run a calculation, if not it will return an empty text ""

Option B:

It will check if cell B$1 contains any number, if yes it will run a calculation, if not it will return an empty text ""

Leave cells blank

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.