You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t find missing phone to use on iCloud backup

I recently lost my iPhone. I got a new one with my insurance and when I try to set it up my old phone isn’t listed to use as my most recent backup. How do I recover that info if my iCloud isn’t letting me select it? Is there anything I can do?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 12:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 12:19 PM

Make sure the new phone is running the latest version of ios. It may not be running 15.5 out of the box. If your old one was running 15.5 and the new one is, say, on 15.1, you won’t be able to restore the backup to it. The target device must be running the same version or newer than the one used to make the backup.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 6, 2022 12:19 PM in response to Lalachapman

Make sure the new phone is running the latest version of ios. It may not be running 15.5 out of the box. If your old one was running 15.5 and the new one is, say, on 15.1, you won’t be able to restore the backup to it. The target device must be running the same version or newer than the one used to make the backup.

Can’t find missing phone to use on iCloud backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.