You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn off airplay/screen mirroring in Monterey?

This was asked several months ago but the question did not get any good answers and that discussion is now closed so I am starting a new one. I just tripped over this issue on a new macbook air which was the first time I have used Monterey.

I can only assume that the problem is the result of some screwup by Apple when they introduced the new control centre.

After quite a bit of fiddling about I found that this works to turn off screen mirroring:

you also can go directly to step 3 by apple menu -> system pref -> display prefs

1/ go to the control centre (batteries at righthand end of menu bar),

2/ click "screen mirroring" button (as you did to start the mirroring).

3/ Then click the "display preferences". If mirroring is active you should see two overlayed images of the scree.

4/ Now click "Add Display" and you should see your mirrored display listed there. screen mirroing dialog

5/ Clicking it will stop the mirroring.

you can also start screen mirroring this way.

Logically there should be a way of killing it directly from the screen mirroring dialogue in the control panel. : (

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 12:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 1:18 PM

russell159 wrote:

This was asked several months ago but the question did not get any good answers and that discussion is now closed so I am starting a new one.

Logically there should be a way of killing it directly from the screen mirroring dialogue in the control panel. : (

you can submit your Apple Feedback or file a bug report here: Product Feedback - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 12, 2022 1:18 PM in response to russell159

russell159 wrote:

This was asked several months ago but the question did not get any good answers and that discussion is now closed so I am starting a new one.

you can submit your Apple Feedback or file a bug report here: Product Feedback - Apple

How to turn off airplay/screen mirroring in Monterey?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.