You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iPhone 11 with iOS 15.5. "Notify When Left Behind" is not under the Notifications in the Find My App. Any suggestions?

I have an iPhone 11 with iOS 15.5. "Notify When Left Behind" is not under the Notifications in the Find My App. Any suggestions?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 2:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 2:07 PM

You can use Notify When Left Behind on an iPhone with iOS 15 or later, iPad with iPadOS 15 or later, Mac with Apple Silicon, and with Find My items. For AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, and AirPods (3rd generation), you need an iPhone 12 or later. 

You have an iPhone 11 and therefore that option is not available to you.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 16, 2022 2:07 PM in response to GrampieM

You can use Notify When Left Behind on an iPhone with iOS 15 or later, iPad with iPadOS 15 or later, Mac with Apple Silicon, and with Find My items. For AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, and AirPods (3rd generation), you need an iPhone 12 or later. 

You have an iPhone 11 and therefore that option is not available to you.

Axel F.

Jul 16, 2022 2:11 PM in response to GrampieM

UPDATE: Axel Foley’s response is much better than mine for this case. I will leave the response below for others who may have an iPhone 12 or later.

Carefully read and understand the article linked above.

Realize that to have "Notify When Left Behind" available for your iPhone, you would need some device with you (very likely an Apple Watch) that would be aware of your location and assumed to always be with you. If you simply have an iPhone that is assumed to be with you, that is insufficient as there is no way of knowing you are somewhere else.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.