You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Left Behind notification missing on IOS 16.6?

Trying to activate "Notify if Left Behind" on my iphone IOS 16.6 but do not find the option in the "Find My" app under the device. Can someone assist?

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 6:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 10:08 AM

The iPhone and iPad User Guides are a rich source of information about iPhone and iPad and the many features of iOS/iPadOS. 

Here are direct links, to the relevant section of each Guide, that describes the Notify When Left Behind feature and its configuration:

Set separation alerts in case you leave a device behind in Find My on iPhone - Apple Support

Set separation alerts in case you leave a device behind in Find My on iPad - Apple Support

This feature allows Notification alerts to be configured for your iPhone, iPad, Mac devices, AirPods and AirTag. You can configure this feature to ignore one or more specific locations (such as when deliberately leaving a device at home or your office) while remaining active - and capable of generating alerts - when the device is being used elsewhere.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 27, 2023 10:08 AM in response to moonspinner123

The iPhone and iPad User Guides are a rich source of information about iPhone and iPad and the many features of iOS/iPadOS. 

Here are direct links, to the relevant section of each Guide, that describes the Notify When Left Behind feature and its configuration:

Set separation alerts in case you leave a device behind in Find My on iPhone - Apple Support

Set separation alerts in case you leave a device behind in Find My on iPad - Apple Support

This feature allows Notification alerts to be configured for your iPhone, iPad, Mac devices, AirPods and AirTag. You can configure this feature to ignore one or more specific locations (such as when deliberately leaving a device at home or your office) while remaining active - and capable of generating alerts - when the device is being used elsewhere.

Left Behind notification missing on IOS 16.6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.