You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gifting an old iPad mini

I would like to give this iPad to a relative in the Philippines but I don’t want to give my Apple ID. Can it be set up for someone else to use? Can we set up another apple account for them?

iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 1:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 1:38 PM

It can be set up to be used by someone else if you follow the instructions listed at What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. This guide will remove everything that is on that device.

Once that is complete, there is a setup process that will allow you to create an Apple ID on behalf of that relative if you’d like to do so.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 10, 2022 1:38 PM in response to Rjwheelmaker

It can be set up to be used by someone else if you follow the instructions listed at What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. This guide will remove everything that is on that device.

Once that is complete, there is a setup process that will allow you to create an Apple ID on behalf of that relative if you’d like to do so.

Gifting an old iPad mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.