You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

international adapters

I just bought the world travel adapter kit which provides connectors for different types of outlets around the world. How do I connect my phone to that?

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 12:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 12:54 PM

If you have an Apple 5 watt or 20 watt power adapter for your phone the travel adapter kit doesn't work with those. It is designed to work with Apple power adapters that have a removable duckhead (the part with the plug). See the following from Apple World Travel Adapter Kit - Apple

It is compatible with Apple USB-C Power Adapters, MagSafe and MagSafe 2 Power Adapters, 10W and 12W USB Power Adapters, and Portable Power Adapters.

You can use any plug adapter that accepts the plug prongs on the power adapter that you have. You can do an internet search for a plug adapter for the country or countries that you need.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 15, 2022 12:54 PM in response to selanning

If you have an Apple 5 watt or 20 watt power adapter for your phone the travel adapter kit doesn't work with those. It is designed to work with Apple power adapters that have a removable duckhead (the part with the plug). See the following from Apple World Travel Adapter Kit - Apple

It is compatible with Apple USB-C Power Adapters, MagSafe and MagSafe 2 Power Adapters, 10W and 12W USB Power Adapters, and Portable Power Adapters.

You can use any plug adapter that accepts the plug prongs on the power adapter that you have. You can do an internet search for a plug adapter for the country or countries that you need.

international adapters

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.