You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirTag Battery

The battery in my AirTag was showing a low charge so I decided to replace it. I bought a DuraCell CR 2032 and it won't connect to the AirTag. No beep. The original battery is a Panasonic Cr 2032 and it will still make the beep when i put in the AirTag, but the charge is too low. Are there CR 2032 battery makes that do not work? Which do?

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 6:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 7:02 PM

I just tried it myself w/ Duracells yesterday.

The Duracells have a non-conductive bitterant coating. (Intended to make a child spit out the battery)

As soon as I replaced the “child-safer” Duracells with non-coated Evereadys, the tags “beeped” just as-advertised as soon as the new battery “made contact.”

See more here:

How to replace the battery in your AirTag - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 19, 2022 7:02 PM in response to Riverguy

I just tried it myself w/ Duracells yesterday.

The Duracells have a non-conductive bitterant coating. (Intended to make a child spit out the battery)

As soon as I replaced the “child-safer” Duracells with non-coated Evereadys, the tags “beeped” just as-advertised as soon as the new battery “made contact.”

See more here:

How to replace the battery in your AirTag - Apple Support

AirTag Battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.