You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Searching Radio on iMac

It's been a while since I've used Apple Music to play much more than music I own, because it seems Apple is pushing its non-hardware business toward rented content. Still, I figured it might still be a good alternative to listening to streaming stations through browsers, or proprietary apps.

However, when I search for a local station on Music, I get "not found in your library." The only instructions I find on line are to use Apple Radio. Under no circumstances am I spending another $10 a month on yet another subscription. Is there any way to use Music to listen to streaming services without paying Apple for otherwise free content?

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 7:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 9:33 AM

When you do a search, make sure you are on the Apple Music tab and not Your Library tab.

5 replies

Sep 1, 2022 9:00 AM in response to dialabrain

Thanks. I tried searching on Soma, and got "not in your library." I tried searching on WGBH - something prominent in the subscription service - and got "not in your library." Is there some hidden search function I'm missing? I mean, it really doesn't matter that much, since I can listen to Soma or a PBS station (both of which I already pay for by contributions), through a browser on desktop, or apps on my iPhone.

I can't even find a preference for viewing streaming stations.

Searching Radio on iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.