You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV

is the username an email address? Can I change it? I don’t see how to “see” my username

4200X,

Posted on Sep 5, 2022 6:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2022 10:07 PM

The ‘name’ of the Apple ID account is its email address. It is possible to change the associated email address, if needed. Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Accounts do not have a personal username, although some Apple devices that allow for more than one user (Mac, Apple TV box), can have a usernames that differ from real name or Apple ID account name, limited to each device.

I don’t think custom usernames are used in the Apple TV app on third party devices; not in any of the screenshots that I have seen. You may suggest such a feature for future versions of the app. Feedback - Apple TV App - Apple. I can see how that would benefit e.g. quick account switching,

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 5, 2022 10:07 PM in response to clhernon

The ‘name’ of the Apple ID account is its email address. It is possible to change the associated email address, if needed. Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Accounts do not have a personal username, although some Apple devices that allow for more than one user (Mac, Apple TV box), can have a usernames that differ from real name or Apple ID account name, limited to each device.

I don’t think custom usernames are used in the Apple TV app on third party devices; not in any of the screenshots that I have seen. You may suggest such a feature for future versions of the app. Feedback - Apple TV App - Apple. I can see how that would benefit e.g. quick account switching,

Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.